We are currently looking for a producer. At Column Five, producers wear many hats: they are creatives; they are journalists and creative writers; they are liaisons to a dedicated list of clients; they have good senses of humor; they are technologically adept, self-motivated, and generally excited about life.
Things we look for in producers:
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Journalistic integrity and ability
- The ability to solve problems
- Great communication (with team members & with clients)
- Attention to detail
- A love for data
- An eye for design
- The ability to hit deadlines
- Experience managing multiple clients/projects at once
- Experience: 2-3 years of journalism or creative project management experience. A background (academic and/or professional) in data analysis
- Degree: BA in Journalism, English, Editing, Communication or a related field
- Location: On-site in our office in Newport Beach, CA
If you’re interested, embody all—not some—of the things we look for in producers, and meet the minimum requirements, we’d like to hear from you. When contacting us, please think of a way to stand out and impress. Chances are, if we like you, and we like your work, then we’ll want to work with you.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and links to some of your most creative writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your resume and cover letter will only be accepted as PDFs sent via email. We’ll open your resume if you write a compelling cover letter in the body of your email. We’ll open your email if you format the subject line in the following way:
Producer : Full Name : Favorite Star, Planet, Constellation, or Other Celestial Body
If you think you’d be a perfect fit for Column Five, please get in touch via email@example.com and tell us about yourself.