The team here at Column Five is made up of some very special people. They come from all walks of life. They’re creative, and they work very hard. They’re also very interesting. We profile one staff member a week on our blog, from our oldest producer to our newest designer, to introduce the people behind the projects.
Van “Rev” Run
Hometown: Long Beach, CA
Started May 2011
Tell us briefly about yourself.
I’m a graphic designer who grew up on the east-side of Long Beach. I enjoy all things art- and culture-related. I have a strong appreciation for hip-hop music and the NBA. I like to keep things simple, stay easygoing. tru.
What’s your hidden talent?
Whenever a dance battle arises, I lace up the blue Chucks and break out the c-walk.
What musicians would be on your most epic music mix?
- Head: Wu-Tang Clan (10 different personalities and styles.)
- Arms: Nas (The mic gripper, a true lyricist.)
- Legs: Black Hippy (Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul, Schoolboy Q, Jay Rock—the new generation, young legs to keep hip-hop moving forward.)
- Torso: Snoop Dogg (An ambassador, keeping the culture united. Chuuch.)
- Mariah Carey (I just like her joints. Steady breaking me on down.)
Who’s your favorite artist?
Marc Chagall introduced me to the arts. I like that he was well-rounded in several artistic medium. He truly understood color. Wim Crouwel has always stood out to me as the quintessential graphic designer and typographer. I like to approach design projects as a hybrid of the two.
What’s your favorite thing about working at C5?
We get to be creatives. There is always a steady stream of new and different projects flowing through. Also the overall lifestyle of the company. There is a certain swagger to C5 only its good people can create.
We asked Van to feature some of his favorite projects that he’s worked on: